You may have heard so much about What people think Islam is. But what really is Islam? What are its foundation? What are its core teachings? etc
Let’s begin friend
Islam means peace acquired through total submission to will of God Almighty. It is not a new religion that came centuries ago but it has been around since man came to this world. It is a complete way on how we should live our life.
All Prophets and messengers sent by God came inviting with a simple message: “Worship Your Lord alone.” and remain in obedience to him
The last and final messenger of God, Prophet Muhammad Peace be upon him, informed us about the pillars of this way of life which include:
1. Faith or belief in the Oneness of God (Allah) and the finality of the Prophethood of Muhammad, peace be upon him (pbuh);
2. Establishment of the 5 daily prayers;
3. Concern for and almsgiving to the needy;
4. Self-purification through fasting in the month of Ramadan.
5. The pilgrimage to Mecca for those who are able.
A person who completely submits his will to God Almighty(Allah) is referred to as a Muslim. I am a Muslim and you too can be a Muslim.
You can always use our Talk To A Muslim handle to learn more or contact the imam in your nearest Mosque