Pick Up A New Habit – Sleep Early
I have for years deal with the problem of waking up late until i stumbled upon a sound productive habit from the most productive man in history, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).
The Golden Habit
I read in one of the hadith(Sayings, deeds or action of Prophet Muhammad):
The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, would not sleep before the evening prayer (isha) and he would not stay up after it.
Source: Sunan Ibn Majah 702
That was it. So simple, right? I later realized that the benefit of this simple but powerful habit are numerous. Let me give you just five:
- It makes you wake up early daily
- It gives you room to prepare for the next day.
- It grants you a chance to stand up for tahajjud (Night Voluntary prayer)
- It gives your body enough rest improving your health both mental and physical
- It prevents you from wasting your time doing nothing e.g social media, watching movies etc
There are many more beautiful benefits but this article is to encourage you to pick up this habit and live a productive life.
Don’t wait to start procrastinating, try it today. You have nothing to lose right?
If you found it positive, kindly share this article to benefit others and let them pick a new habit.